We are an idealistic company that focuses on sustainable web hosting and cloud services built around preserving human rights. We are looking for an enthusiastic programmer to be part of a small, self-steering team of developers.
You can work independently, you can prioritise and you help the team maintain the planning and road map. You are passionate about creating elegant solutions for complicated issues.
- Good understanding of Python, PHP, Git and database management
- Good proficiency with Linux command line tools
- Proficient in English, as it is the primary language within our company
Nice to have:
- Experience porting applications from legacy frameworks to modern frameworks
- Experience working in an agile development team
- You like to play ping pong, but are not really good at it
About the job
Our service offerings include web hosting and cloud services with an ethical and sustainable approach. Other focus points are privacy security and net-neutrality. We are actively involved in open-source development, and we collaborate with outside projects in the areas of technology, journalism, culture, education, sustainability and internet freedom.
Open source activities of the last year include building a Let’s Encrypt plugin for HAProxy and creating a chatbot to teach people how to use OTR.
What we offer
- Freedom in your work, you and your team will make your own planning
- An opportunity to use your technological skills for socially relevant projects
- A small, friendly, growing company with flat management structure
- The opportunity to participate in unique cultural and technical events
- Good coffee/tea, mate, matcha, and other weird/hipster (non-)caffeinated drinks.
- Locally sourced lunch
- Spacious and carbon neutral office in Amsterdam
How to apply
If we spiked your interest, do not hesitate to e-mail us a motivation with your CV and a (link to a) piece of code you are proud of to firstname.lastname@example.org, GPG Fingerprint: 57A0 7F09 90E5 95F9 4E5C 300D A642 0965 4BB9 5417