Greenhost provides value-driven and reliable digital infrastructure, with a strong focus on environmental impact. We believe in internet freedom, privacy and human rights, and provide state-of-the-art hosting and cloud services.
- Contract type: 12 month full-time, renewable contract, transforming into permanent if we like each other.
- Salary: €2,400-3,800 gross per month, commensurate with skills/experience.
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Deadline for applications: Open until filled.
- Location: Netherlands-based (we can assist with relocating and work permit). Potential for remote if within reasonable train distance from Amsterdam for occasional physical meetings.
- Who should apply? We are working to become a more diverse organisation: we are open to people from all walks of life, and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups.
- All employment benefits defined by Dutch law, plus pension plan, ICT setup allowance, and additional vacation days;
- Flexible, family friendly working arrangements and flexible holidays;
- Monthly “work from home” bonus to offset internet subscription and device costs;
- An opportunity to use your technological skills for socially relevant projects;
- The option to participate in creating company strategy;
- Potential for personal development outside of your role as a developer;
- Connections to pioneers and organisations in free software and the digital liberties community.
About the position
Greenhost is looking for a DevOps engineer to work on internal tooling for our hosting and cloud infrastructure (such as systems performance monitoring and automation of maintenance tasks). You will be working hand in hand with our sysops team to understand their needs and build/maintain tools and apps that help Greenhost provide a great service to our customers. While your main focus is internal, your solutions will plug into customer-facing products like automated incident reports and health checks.
You share our values of internet freedom, privacy and human rights and you prefer open source over enterprise software.
You prefer service-oriented architecture, and enjoy the challenge of migrating legacy systems into microservices.
You enjoy working in a team, and appreciate timely communication. You like to share knowledge, and want to learn from others.
Skills and competencies:
- Fluency in English (as a second language);
- Fluency with UNIX/Linux user land environments (Debian-based);
- Fluency in Git (we use Gitlab) - experience with CI/CD is a plus;
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes, Ansible is a plus;
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana - Xen and Ceph are a plus;
- Comfortable with at least one programming language, preferably Go, PHP, Ruby or Python.
You can direct your letter of interest and resume to Pepijn Schipper, head of HR, through email@example.com. Please make sure to include why you want to work for Greenhost, and why you would be a good match to our organisation.
We accept applications on a rolling basis, you will receive a reaction within a week. PGP Finger print:
We only accept individual applicants; we will not respond to employment agencies.