Greenhost provides value-driven and reliable digital infrastructure, with a strong focus on environmental impact. We believe in internet freedom, privacy and human rights, and provide state-of-the-art hosting and cloud services.
- Contract type: 12 month full-time, renewable contract, transforming into permanent if we like each other.
- Salary: €2,400-3,800 gross per month, commensurate with skills/experience.
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Deadline for applications: Open until filled.
- Location: Netherlands-based (we can assist with relocating and work permit). Potential for remote if within reasonable train distance from Amsterdam for occasional physical meetings.
- Who should apply? We are working to become a more diverse organisation: we are open to people from all walks of life, and encourage applicants from underrepresented groups.
- All employment benefits defined by Dutch law, plus pension plan, ICT setup allowance, and additional vacation days;
- Flexible, family friendly working arrangements and flexible holidays;
- Monthly “work from home” bonus to offset internet subscription and device costs;
- An opportunity to use your technological skills for socially relevant projects;
- The option to participate in creating company strategy;
- Potential for personal development outside of your role as a developer;
- Connections to pioneers and organisations in free software and the digital liberties community.
About the position
Greenhost is looking for a front-end developer to take the lead on delivering our website and products to our partners and customers. You will be maintaining and improving our current architecture, as well as deploying new tools and products, with an eye for UX/UI best practices.
You share our values of internet freedom, privacy and human rights and you prefer open source over enterprise software.
You are comfortable with web frameworks, you like your data served through APIs, and your assets generated at build time. You understand the importance of human-centred design, and are familiar with best practices and principles in UX and UI.
You enjoy working in a team, and appreciate timely communication. You like to share knowledge, and want to learn from others.
Skills and competencies:
- Fluency in English (as a second language);
- Fluency with UNIX/Linux user land environments (Debian-based);
- Fluency in Git (we use Gitlab) - experience with CI/CD is a plus;
- Experience in one other programming language, preferably PHP, Python, or Ruby;
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as React or Vue, as well as veterans such as Django and Yii;
- Experience with REST APIs;
- Experience with runtime environments like Node, and module bundlers like Webpack.
You can direct your letter of interest and resume to Pepijn Schipper, head of HR, through email@example.com. Please make sure to include why you want to work for Greenhost, and why you would be a good match to our organisation.
We accept applications on a rolling basis, you will receive a reaction within a week. PGP Finger print:
We only accept individual applicants; we will not respond to employment agencies.